Sunday, February 19, 2006

Preparation

The first thing I have to do is clean up the chair. It was in storage for a few years and is pretty dirty. After that I will make connectors for the battery. I purchased 2 new sets of SB50 Anderson Power Systems Connectors. They are rated at 50 amps and are pretty nice. The connectors are interesting in that they are hermaphroditic. They are not male and female plugs. That is to say the plug at the vehicle and the plug at the battery are identical.

 
 
 
 


I am going to scavange a pair of batteries from a surplus ups that I bought over the summer. The batteries are working but I don't know how much life is in them. They should do fine for the testing and save me the immediate expense of new batteries. Besides they are just sitting in the UPS unused, though it functions I really could not stand to use it since it makes an objectionable hum and fan noise. If I change my mind I can always get new batteries for that I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home